[bigint] Big Integer Library

Matt McCutchen <matt at mattmccutchen.net>
Fri Apr 30 15:07:51 PDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-04-28 at 19:24 -0400, Dennis Glasberg wrote:
> I'm sorry to bother you but I am having some issues. I'm currently
> taking a course and am required to design an RSA encryption using C++.
> I have started to use your Big Integer Library but am not sure how to
> configure it. I know you said contacting you is useless but I am also
> using eclipse. I was wondering if you could tell me how to set this up
> and use it.

Here is the procedure to set up the project in the Eclipse CDT.  (This
is for CDT 7.0.0.201002011403; the steps may differ slightly for other
versions.)

1. Go to the C/C++ perspective.
2. Go to "File" -> "New" -> "C++ Project".
3. Ensure that the "Location" matches where you extracted the library
source and header files.

Then you have a choice to use my makefile or the CDT managed builder.
To use my makefile:

4. Select "Makefile project" -> "Empty Project" and complete the wizard.
5. You can write your program in "sample.cc" or create your own source
file(s) and modify the "program-objects" line in the makefile to reflect
their name(s).

To use the managed builder:

4. Select "Executable" -> "Empty Project" and complete the wizard.
5. By default, the managed builder will use all source files in the
project directory.  You need to exclude the source files you are not
using (i.e., testsuite.cc and sample.cc unless you are writing your
program there) or you will get an error that there are multiple "main"
functions.  To do this, right-click the source file and select "Exclude
from build".

Once you have set up the project, go to "Project" -> "Build All" or
press Ctrl+B to build.  If you prefer, you can enable autobuild in the
project properties ("C/C++ Build" -> "Behavior" tab).

Refer to sample.cc for code examples.

--
Matt