[bigint] Probably a bug while using BigInteger

Brad Spencer <spencer at starscale.com>
Thu Jan 5 17:04:29 PST 2012

On Wed, Jan 04, 2012 at 06:01:32PM +0100, Backes Thierry wrote:
>    Hey. I use the newest version of BigInteger(bigint-2010.04.30) with this
>    code:

The linker errors seem to indicate that you are only including the
headers but not compiling and/or linking against the library itself.

Explaining how to do so is beyond the scope of this mailing list; it
is something that someone familiar with C++ and your compiler should
be able to help you with.

>    I don’t know if it’s a bug or I made an error…

May I gently offer a piece of advice which I mean in the most
constructive was possible: In general, it is wise to assume that the
error is one's own until sufficient investigation indicates otherwise.
When investigation does result in a suspected bug, it's most helpful
to provide the most minimal test case that demonstrates the error, and
possibly even a suggested fix.

This is especially a good practice when one is new at something. :)

>    Thanks, Thierry Backes

Good luck :)

--
Brad Spencer