[bigint] Big Integer lib enhancement to 'long long' type

Matt McCutchen <matt at mattmccutchen.net>
Sun Jun 26 09:18:34 PDT 2011

On Sat, 2011-06-18 at 15:59 +1000, Andrew Davison wrote:
> First off thanks for your Big Integer library, just what I was looking for.

Glad to hear it!

> It would be kind of nice to have support for 'long long' primitive type
> conversions and operations. I haven't looked inside so don't know what's
> involved.

This would take some new code because a "long long", unlike the other
primitive types, may be bigger than a Blk (= unsigned long, generally
the largest integer type natively supported by the CPU).  I might be
more likely to do it if you could give a compelling use case, i.e., more
than just "for completeness".

> I am unlikely to add it in for my own use as I would prefer to
> use your library unsullied so as to get future updates.

I would point out that my express purpose in choosing a distributed
version control system is to make it easier for others to maintain
customizations if they wish.

--
Matt