[bigint] bigint git repository corrupt?

Matt McCutchen <matt at mattmccutchen.net>
Mon Jun 29 16:07:49 PDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-06-29 at 14:20 -0700, Chris Meyer wrote:
> I was looking at your bigint library.
>
> When I do a git clone, I get errors. Is this known problem? Or is it
> truly corrupted?

> > git clone http://mattmccutchen.net/bigint/bigint.git
> [...]
> error: File 0551c03b5862aafe7f5f88cf282ebf96621c6c80
> (http://mattmccutchen.net/bigint/bigint.git/objects/05/51c03b5862aafe7f5f88cf282ebf96621c6c80) corrupt

This was the result of a blunder in my Web server configuration.  In an
attempt to overlay gitweb and cloning at the same URL, I sent requests
for nonexistent files to gitweb.  But evidently, cloning relies on the
404 error for proper operation:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=git/git.git;a=blob;f=http-walker.c;h=700bc13112d65dfe8cf89af17522e28cf0d76e26;hb=HEAD#l501
http://git.kernel.org/?p=git/git.git;a=blob;f=http.h;h=4c4e99c2f6cae97110efe28986333fc5cbc4c095;hb=HEAD#l105

For the moment, I've mostly disabled gitweb so that you can clone.  I
will be redesigning this very soon so that both gitweb and cloning work.
Thanks for the report!

--
Matt